Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Birthplace...land that I love.



We spent a week on the reservation...my home and birthplace. There is something special about reconnecting with my people and the place where life began! I love the stories my Elders tell me each time I return.

This visit was one of closure in many ways. My Aunt passed away a year ago and I got to help in settling her estate and also witnessed the placement of her tombstone. It was a special time and seemed fitting for a final farewell...even though due to her illness(alzheimer's) I have gone through many stages of farewell and grief.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to get some closure, and "go home".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to go home, Mary! What a beautiful picture!!

    Welcome back, we missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very neat! We currently iive in the state I was born in. I havent been back to the actual town in many years... maybe a little trip in in order.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails