Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sacrifice, Honour and Duty...

Love these images from Close to My Heart! I ordered these from my friend Krista when I was looking for Military related stamps. CTMH revamped their military stamp line and these are just perfect! I combined this image with Cuttlebug's diamonds in the rough embossing folder, SU's jumbo eyelets and black gingham ribbon.
River Rock CS is perfect for these military images.
I used a monday Mojo sketch layout for this card. Not sure if I followed all the rules but worked for me. I layered the helmet and boots together on River Rock and Naturals White and stamped everything with Black Stazon. Love the crisp images!
A closeup view of the dogtags... you can stamp the words that come with this stamp set on the tags, how clever is that?!
My son is graduating from the Marines in just two weeks!!! How time flies...although I must admit that it seems to crawl some days. We are so excited to see him and celebrate his successes while in training!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! Love the embossing with the cuttlebug! Those tags are so neat! Great colors, Mary! And congrats on your son coming home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your sons graduation from the MARINES!!! good job to him...and thank him for his service in protecting us and our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what brilliant cards ,love these ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous these are!!!

    I can't believe he is almost done his training!! Wow, time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails