Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kincade Pastels

Wow, This one took time...which always competes for other work (and play) lol...I bought this stamp on one of my excursions with friends a few Saturdays ago. Fell in love with the idea and technique explained to me by the store owner... hmmm, I could certainly do that! I said. I usually stay away from images that are so detailed, but this one I had to try. Of course I didn't need much encouragement from my friends and I made my purchase!!

I worked with it a little to get a crisp image using Stazon Ink. Then applying the pastels took some time...I managed to adhere the main image upside down (oops) on the scalloped barely banana and had to pull it off thus creating lines where the chalk split. You can see the fine broken lines that are not suppose to be there.

With some time and practice, this should come out beautiful!! what do you think?

9 comments:

  1. I think this is beautiful!!!
    This definitely looks like it took some time with all of the pretty colors and using chalks, I'm sure it did, but the results are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Mary you did an awesome job! The lines look intentional. I thought you did a cracked glass treatment on top of it! I'm so impressed! I just can't get over the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fantastic! Way better than the sample in the store! I love the colors you used too - very vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out beautiful! Lots of time went into it... but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is amazing fabulous work ,Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. time for a lesson I think......I wanna try this! BEAUTIFUL! Hey girl, time to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!!! You're amazing, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. I love the coloring. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails