Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Figgy Pudding Sock Monkey~


This monkey made his debut in July...what do you know, I am only now showing his face on my blog. He falls in one of those "gotta love him, he's so ugly" categories!
Seriously though, I had to preorder him when he showed up in the SU catalogue...now he is available with the cutest accessories!!! BTW, this was my shoebox swap design a few weeks ago...loved monkeying around with old and new friends!
This is a close up view of our poor dear. I gave him some height using our dimensionals. He was titled "drunken monkey!!" because I coloured him using rubbing alcohol and pulling colour from the ink pads...I used Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding paper from last year. The colour is of course my favourite Chocolate Chip.

Materials list: SU!Sock Monkey set, Basic Grey Figgy Pudding DP, Chocolate Chip, Basic Brown inks, Soft Sky In-colour from last year, American Crafts Brads, Martha Stewart Ribbon was a perfect addition. (gasp...who??)Cuttlebug'd the background using distressed stripes and punched out the scalloped circle using Giga punch.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, and your right about the so ugly so cute thing...love these colors and papers. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love what you've done with Mr. Sock Monkey! Great DSP and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that monkey is just so cute. I love the colors of this card...and the inking around the edges. Great patterned paper, too. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails