Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Autumn Harvest Kindness~

Fall is one of those seasons where the heart comes home...pumpkin spices and cinnamon scents and the changing of colours...I love it! I hold my mug of coffee a little closer in the early crisp mornings...my heart is happy. Ok, on with the card...

I loved this set as soon as I laid eyes on it...The sketchy look and open spaces are invitations for colouring, masking and creativity!  I stamped the centre pumpkin first and then masked that image and stamped the others around it. Masking is really easy...stamp and cut out the image you want to "cover" using a post it note or regular weight paper...begin to work and stamp other images around it and be intentional to overlap..ta-da! you will have created a scene that wows you..this is a great way to get more use out of your stamps if you don't have many to choose from (especially seasonal stamps)

Using Versafine which is a quick drying pigment ink, I took my tombow markers and began to colour and blend. I love the look. I applied some chalking to create more shadow without diffusing my original stamp lines.

I finished my card with SU Autumn spice paper, some rhinestones, layering SU punches...love it! Almost as good as Pumkin Spice Latte.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous...I'm a new stamper and wondered how to do masking..now I definetly will give it a try.

    BTW..Thank you for the nice comment on my card at SCS.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails