Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nostalgic Trade Route~

I bought this stamp when a moment of nostalgia hit me on one of those stamping excursions eons ago...I love the realistic look...you see where I grew up, I use to jump into my aunt's canoe to attend school. My brothers and I would paddle across the little bay and walk the rest of the way to school, otherwise we would be wading in our rubber boots in murky muskeg...a little history lesson.


I started out by stamping this on watercolour paper using versafine ink then I coloured it using prisma colour pencils with gamsol. I wanted to give it more colour so I rubbed chalks to create more shadow and also to create a sunset sky reminiscent of the evening skies where I grew up.  I mounted it onto Basic Grey that reminded me of water...I love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails