Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Thankful for Antique scallop flowers~

I was delighted to find this tutorial on these how to make these flowers...Loved seeing them in the new catalogue and here was my chance to give it a try!! I have made several of these and added them to little gift bags as an added embellishment.


a closeup view of the flower sporting the Antique brad
Take a scallop punch and begin by folding it in half, then again, do this until you have created "hills and valleys" all around, cut to the centre and refold until you have half a fan. Add another half (or third if you desire) and glue together on one of the pleats. Embellish with a brad, a button or another flower...take time to watch the tutorial it will make more sense. :-)

Here is my finished card...I love this new Designer paper Autumn Spice from the SU mini...and I paired it with Always Artichoke Seam binding also found in the mini. Quite simple with a wow factor!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...and such an easy flower. I can't wait to give it a try. What size scallop did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the 1 3/4" scallop punch from SU...I love these! Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails