Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Guest Designer ~ a la Card Monkey57


Wow! Life is full of surprises.....I was delighted and honoured that my card was featured on a la Card Monkey challenge blog last week! As a result, I was asked to guest design for this week's sketch...
Birthday is the theme this week! The sketch is pretty as is...the yummy cupcake loaded with candles was my inspiration :-) The swirls also provided some blingy input as you can see on my card. And who doesn't love the pretty seam binding ribbon from SU, it ties so soft and pretty to any project.

I used the sending love specialty paper from SU and paired it up with some beautiful sparkle from Prima. I coloured the birthday bakery with copics, cut out each yummy dessert (I know, it's called insanity...I think) and layered it into the dotted designer frame from the sneak peek four frames from SU. The sentiment is from the vintage labels set.

Join the sketchy fun at a la card and don't forget to upload your card to the linky at the bottom of the post.

Have a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being a GD for us, it makes us happy to share our love of stamping. Your card is so cute, I love how you used the cupcake stamp set, never seen it done like that before, great job. Terry is on the SU Cruise this week if you could help me a little and leave a few comments on some of the cards that would be great!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I keep forgetting to add your blog to my Reader, but I am doing it RIGHT NOW!
    Hugs,
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this card is sooooo pretty!!! I love your creative use of the Bakery set! Totally awesome. I may have to steal... eh, CASE this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card!! All the details are beautiful and I especially like that you cut out the cakes to layer them off set. All the bling is BEAUTIFUL and I love the pink bow with the Happy Birthday tag. All of it is so well put together. I can see more guest designing in your future. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last comment should be from my blog at Stuck On Stampin'. Blue Eyed Blessings is my family blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails