Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Few, The Proud - ODBDLYLS13


Stamps: ODBD Old Flag BG, Not Forgotten, Porch
Papers: Bazzil, SU, Reminisce
Dies: Spellbinder Sunflower set II, ODB Vintage Border, Cheery Lynn Patriotic Swag, SU die
Accessories: Zva creative, SU brad, MS punch, KCo Rhinestones 

My Complete layout for Our Daily Bread Designs scrapbook challenge ODBDLYLS13. I dedicate this and created this in honour of our Marine son who is pending deployment. We are so very proud of him. 
A close up view of the layout...Love this scripture from I Tim. I stamped it onto a transparency using Stazon and fastened it using a star brad from SU.  The challenge was to use ODBD stamps be the focal image. I started by stamping my 12x12 with the Old Flag BG stamp then I trimmed it down so I could punch the edges with MS punch. I layered it onto the reminisce dp and reserved the Marine title for the bottom edge. I finally used my CL Patriotic Swag die! I love how it turned out. I topped the edge with ODB Vintage border die. For the 3-D flowers I found this tutorial by a talented scrapbook artist. I sprayed my flowers with Tim Holtz Perfect Pearl mist. I filled the centres with micro beads in patriotic colours to match my scheme.
In December I won a generous pack of Zva pearls, swirls, rhinestones etc...such a happy girl I was to be chosen as a winner from Nicole Martel's blog. So, I was delighted to have picking choice for this layout.

Here is the inspiration photo:

Thank you for visiting, Have a great weekend :-)

5 comments:

  1. He is so handsome and this is such a beautiful layout! I love the way you used the transparency and all the gorgeous detail! Please know how grateful we are for his service! Our prayers are with you, him and all those who serve this wonderful country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this LO. Yes thanks to all our men and women who fight for our freedome. Your son is going to so proud of this LO. Its beautiful and I love how you used the colors. AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a gorgeous, gorgeous layout! Love how you used the colors so perfectly from the ODBD Scrapbook Challenge! May God bless and protect your son as he deploys! Thanks for joining in on the Our Daily Bread Designs Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge. We are so glad to have you playing along! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness what a beautiful layout! I love it and it is such a great honor to your son. I have a Son-In-Law over in Afganistan now and I think I will help my daughter start a scrapbook in honor of his service to the Marine Corp! Thanks for the Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this layout!!!! Your use of the stamps on the page is fantastic and I love all the little details. I'll have to check out the tutorial for those flowers, they are so pretty. Thanks for playing along in the ODBD Scrapbook Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails