Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

SNSS February Release HOP ~




Welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps February New Release Blog Hop!  This month's release is so exciting  - it was even released a week early as a surprise! Get your warm beverage and tasty snack, and get ready for some amazing inspiration from the Design Divas!
If you came here from Kim Schofield's blog you are right where you need to be...if not, scroll down to view the full list, diva creativity begins at SNSS blog.

Stamps: YOU
Papers: SU, SU dsp, coffee filters
Inks: versafine, Tim Holtz distress inks
accessories: MS punch, SNSS die, pearls, ribbon
I love this new YOU set designed by DKdesign exclusive to Sweet n Sassy! The sentiments are perfect for scrapbook pages, gift tags, elegant cards etc. the possibilities are endless. I chose to make an 8x8 layout for a shadowbox. 


My colour scheme was inspired by the dsp I chose and it very closely matched the FEB release badge! oooh. I love it. I simply built my page onto the brown base by trimming out a square and then layered the dsp after punching a border around it. I made coordinating rectangles to place behind my photo. I stamped the sentiment onto matching cardstock and layered it onto a stamped floral border. To finish the detail, I added the heart scallop die border below the sentiment. The flowers are super fun and easy to create and embellished the centres with pearls.   

Finally, I made a tag to match the shadowbox gift. Did I say I {love} this set? The banner tag has the SU antique brad to embellish the word YOUNow head on over to Monika Davis' blog and see what eye candy she created!
Now take a look at what the other Design Divas have created with this release...
Kim Schofield
Mary Faus - you're here
Wendy Jordan (our February guest)

Don't forget, the entire February release is available in the store right now; you can order the stamps individually or at a discounted bundle price!  Head over to get yours today!

Be sure to make plans to join us for our new release party tonight; the fun takes place over in our member company forums on Splitcoaststampers. We'll have great fellowship with crafty friends, challenges, and a prize drawing! The excitement starts at 8:00 PM EST.

~Finished shadowbox~
See you all tonight at the Release party!



12 comments:

  1. Ooooooh my stars...this is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thump...that was me falling off of my chair! Mary, such an amazing creation! The colors, rolled roses, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This stamp set is so perfect for a scrap page! I love your shadow box - beautiful colors and love all those flowers! I just bought some shadow boxes last weekend, I am now feeling quite inspired to do something with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! That stamp set works so well with your design. Lovely colors and embellishments Mary... and the tag looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic creations!! Love them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shadowbox and love the layering. You tag is just the perfect compliment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning and amazing creation you've made for your shadowbox! The colors and stamps look wonderful together, and of course that cluster of flowers is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goooooooooooooosh I love what you did with the YOU set!!!! Your projects are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails