Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

You inspire me ~

My vintage layout "You Inspire Me"
Butterfly Flourish is so versatile in that you can create an elegant layout or card with one stamped image! Love this image from Sweet'nSassy, I will be using this again and again. I made this layout of my parents holding hands when our family traveled to visit them in February. Both of them are living in nursing homes apart from one another so when they get a chance to visit, they cherish the moment, as do their children.

Here you get a closeup version of the stamped images...I embossed the flourish several times on the base, then again on a separate cs, which I used to line up the photo and embossed very carefully. I took the words from dkDesigns YOU set for my sentiment which completes my layout.
Another closeup of the elegant butterfly flourish embossed on kraft paper. This one also gives you a closeup of my vintage seam binding ribbon. I spritzed it and took my heat gun to dry it. I gave it a little die cut heart for the centre. Love how it turned out!

stamps: You, Butterfly Flourish
Papers: SU
Inks: Versamark, SU
Accessories: seam binding ribbon, MS punch, SNSS dies
Thank you for joining me! Have a great day :-)

5 comments:

  1. I left a comment on the SNSS Blog. This is gorgeous and you have made me regret not getting the Butterfly Flourish this weekend but it will be mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page!! I love all the details you put into this along with the photo of your parents hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to your parents legacy, and how incredibly sad that they have to live apart from one another :( This is very moving and just beautiful!
    Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that you posted this on Split Coast, and wanted to come to your blog to get a closer look. It is such a beautiful and special page, your page and tribute to your parents has brought tears to my eyes. So touching...thank you for sharing. Blessings, to you, Jill
    PS. It was so good to see you at the show last week. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and elegant Mary. The white embossing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails