Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sweet'nSassy August Release Bloghop ~

Can it be August already? We are thinking of Crisp Fall days and children still in the novelty of new classrooms, new teachers and homework is fun. Dream on right? Actually, we are still lingering in summer vacation mode but at SNSS we are ready to show you what Fall has in store for your card creations! All stamps released will be available for your immediate purchase over at Sweet'nSassy store.

If you came from Cathy McCauley's blog (pssst, isn't she amazingly talented??) you are on the right track.
stamps: Tree Background, Autumn Collage
 My first card showcases the Tree Background! Can we say LOVE?? I do. I embossed it in black and added fall colours using a sponge until I achieved the look I wanted. I couldn't wait to cut out this "new for me" fence die to place kind of meandering in front of the tree. Then, I cut out the quote using one of the decorative dies. Love it.
stamp: Autumn Collage
For this card, I embossed directly on Kraft CS in white and coloured in the image using Gamsol and coloured pencils. The soft colours are perfect for this image. I cut out the second embossed panel and cut it down to fit the first and matched it to the design. I made the card a little smaller to make room for the circle top which includes a quote. And now, onto some details...

Be sure to leave a comment on each blog! A random commenter will win two stamp sets of their choice from one of the following blogs listed, also randomly chosen. You must comment by 8:00PM EST today.
 
The fun doesn't stop there, Be sure to join us over at the Splitcoaststampers member forum for SNSS Virtual stamp day beginning at 10am and continuing with a new challenge every two hours ending with a final challenge at 8pm. Three challenge players will get a chance to win a $20 credit to the store. The more challenges you enter, the more chances of winning!!!
 

Ok, now back to the bloghop! I get so wordy talking about parties and prizes. I wouldn't want you to miss any opportunity for FREE stamps, right? Hop on over to Kim Singdahlson's blog and see what goodies she has for you... 
Mary Faus <--that's me

28 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Mary...these are so pretty! The embossing on the kraft, love it, and your tree card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are wonderful ... I LOVE the one with the tree!!! The ones in the background, then the main image ... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Mary! Love how you used the Tree Background and your Autumn Collage is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty cards, love the gorgeous embossing

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the talented one, my friend! You have such a fresh and unique way of using each stamp set! LOVE the multiple stampings of the tree branch to look like trees...gorgeous! And the embossed collage...stunning! Love the soft colors! Both cards are beautiful, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree background is just so striking! Love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are Beautiful!!!! The first one is stunning with the gorgeous orange and black silhouette! I love the shadow stamping too!!! Your 2nd card is lovely as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the look of your cards!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Autumn cards, Mary. I really like the white embossing on Kraft. Great effect and one I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these- great colors and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely cards, each very striking in a different way. I love the dramatic orange tones behind that pretty dark tree silhouette and the soft look of the white on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the tree background card is my favorite so far on the blog hop! I love trees! My entire living room is decorated in tree pictures just like your card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are amazing! My fav is the fall tree one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhhh gotta have that tree stamp, something that I've been looking for and this is the perfect tree! Beautiful fall card - the quote, sponging, fence makes it fabulous!

    I've never used Gamsol and colored pencils but I love the soft look you have given this collage. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love both cards. Thanks for using the tree backgound for idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of the things I love about blog hops is everyone can take the same stamp and showcase it so incredibly different! I love how you've done the layering shadows with the Tree image. Almost spooky :-)
    Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards Mary. That fence looks awesome with the trees. The collage is so pretty embossed on Kraft. The soft colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! These are both so Fabulous! Love the fun picket fence with thee trees! and your embossed collage on the kraft is just Lovely! Wow! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful colors and beautiful design! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving both cards! the second one is my favorite. the purple color is wonderful.I keep saying I don't need anymore fall but now I may have to have this set!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I DO love the tree image. Both of your cards are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great fall cards! Nice job on that background, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your work is amazing also! Love the depth to the tree card, and that is such a beautiful quote. Also like the kraft card. Love the way you kept it very "kraft" and only added a bit of color

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice fall card with that tree image! Love the white embossing on the Kraft and your coloring on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You cards are fabulous but that first one is simply stunning! It reminds me of an October sunset. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails