Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Heartfelt Creation Falling Leaves Canvas ~



To view Cocoa's Peppermint Latte - scroll down to second post

Happy Wednesday! Today, I want to share with you my final submissions to Heartfelt Creations. I created an altered Canvas and a card using the stamps and dies HC sent me.
12x12 Open Leaves Canvas:

Stamps: HCPC 3334 Open Falling Leaves
Dies: HCD 707 Falling Leaves, HCD 712 Bella Rose Die
Paper: HCDP 224 Classic Editions 12x12
Other: 12x12 blank canvas, MS Punch, Stickles, rhinestones, spellbinder labels 4 die, mod podge, seam binding ribbon, pop dots
 
To prepare canvas:  the canvas was "painted" with Matte Mod podge to give it texture. Classic Editions paper was cut to fit the inside of the canvas and glued in place using mod podge. I cut a coordinating piece to frame the main panel. Next, I cut four strips to cover the exposed inset of the frame. After it was all dry, I added stickles to all the highlighted areas of the decorative paper and let it dry completely. I took exacto knife and carefully cut around the pieces I wanted to lift and give dimension. I added a coordinating piece of dp that I punched using a decorative MS punch and adhered it to fit under the cut out design. 
closeup view and details
The leaves were embossed using copper EP and cut out using the coordinating die. I began to build my leaf layers on the bella rose die along the edges of my canvas frame. Pop dots are used to give adequate dimension to the leaves. The sentiment is stamped using versafine and die cut to fit the leaf design on the lower left corner. I added leaves to the upper right corner and topped it off with antiqued seam binding ribbon. Finally, I adhered two rows of rhinestones that I coloured using Copics to match my colour scheme. To seal the whole piece, I brushed mod podge on all the leaves and sentiment. It adds stability.


Thanksgiving Card:

Stamps: HCPC 3334 Open Falling leaves
Dies: HCD 725 Decorative Metal Fixtures
Paper: HCDP1 224 Classic Editions Collection 12x12

Classic editions paper was cut down to layer onto regular A2 size cardstock base. The sentiment was stamped in versafine ink onto a journaling block and adhered onto matching cardstock. Vintage lace is adhered to the bottom edge of the sentiment. Decorative metal fixtures were die cut and positioned to create a framing effect. Pearls were added for embellishment on the corners and edge of card.

Thank you for joining me! Have a beautiful day!


3 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous creations, but the canvas is spectacular! Sure would make a nice keepsake wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutley gorgeous, looking forward to working with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this beauty on SCS and just had to come check out your details. What a beautiful work of 'heart'. Such intricate details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails