Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

SNSS Die-Version Bloghop~

Welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Summer Die-Version Blog Hop!  We are so thrilled to bring you 3 fabulous new die sets today, plus oodles of eye candy for your creative taste buds. :) 
My First Card features the small leaves dies that match the Nature's Silhouettes 2. I combined my card with a scripture from Words of Jesus.The background was created simply by swiping Ranger distress inks across my cardstock. I stamped the scripture in black and stamped on each leaf individually to coordinate the swiped background. 
Materials Used:
Stamps: Nature's Silhouettes2, Words of Jesus
Paper: SU
Inks: Ranger Inks - spiced marmalade, brushed corduroy, mustard seed, crushed olive, barn door, versafine black
Accessories: SNSS small leaves die, pearls

Small Leaves Dies  $6.25
Largest die measures approximately 3/4" x 1 1/2" 
I chose to use the hexagon shape for my card as it reminded me of the many quilts I helped to quilt. I saw the grandmothers quilt as I looked at this shape. I decided to create a background quilt by faux sewing/quilting around each hexagon. I continued on cocoa mouse and the sentiment. The background above the quilt is created by sponging a stencil lightly.
Materials Used:
Paper: SU, MME
Inks: Distress Inks, SU
Accessories: SNSS Shape Dies, Spellbinder labels 8, buttons, lace
Shape Dies   $19.75
Triangle side measures approximately 1 1/2"
My final card uses the super fun wave dies.  I combined it with the seashells from Beauty by the Sea, it is so beautiful and the scripture is one of my personal favourite! I sponged the negative of the die for some time before I added the rest of the elements. The shells are stamped and coloured using chalks. 
Materials Used:
Stamps: Beauty by the Sea
Inks: Versamark black ink, Chalks, QQ powderpuff ink
Paper: MME, SU
Accessories: SNSS wave dies, sponge, pearls
Wave Dies   $8.50
Dies measure approximately 5 1/2" wide
 
How fun are they?!  Wait till you see what the DT did with them!!  
Be sure to comment at each stop along the way for a chance to win one of our new die sets!  We will be awarding 3 winners one of the new die sets!
Happy Hopping!!

Thank you for joining us in the fun!


40 comments:

  1. Cocoa my favorite! Love this cute card! Like how you used the Ranger Distress ink on the cardstock on your other card,too. Very nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaack...love them all Mary! LOVE the swiped background, and the quilt created with shape dies! Your sea shell card is gorgeous! Wonderful samples to show the versatility of these wonderful die sets! See you soon, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your cards! The background on the first one is fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of dp and pattern, plus colour, Mary, I love the bg you created with the shapes die on the second one, and will definitely be CASEing that idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards Mary. Love the background with the fall leaves... teh hexagon background looks awesome... and oh, my... that beach card is beautiful. Love the cut out shells and seastar with the pretty waves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are great! Being a former quilter, the hexagon shapes really caught my eye. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome cards...all 3! I love your quilted hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mouse, looks so cute on the quilted background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How versatile you are. Love how you created the background in the first card. Love the quilt effect of the second one plus the darling mouse. What a great choice for the stamp. The last card is awesome. Love the background, the beautifully colored shells and starfish, and border of waves you created at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards. I really like the quilt look of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mousy one is toooo cute. I love how you used the shapes to make it look like a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't get over how cute your card is. The papers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful cards...I love how you used the various dies and the use of distressed inks on the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous cards I love how you used the shapes die in your Cocoa card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your fab cards! These dies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so amazing! I love the sea card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cards are especially great and love the sentiments nice to find a place using the words of God

    ReplyDelete
  18. great are cards, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, what loveliness you've created here! I'm so tickled to see Cocoa coming out to play in the hop, too! Beautiful use of the dies - great creativity! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of your cards are fantastic! Especially like the background on your first - so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards! Love the hexagons with the mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great background with the leaves and silhouette! Love all of these cards, you did an amazing job! Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the cards, especially the mousie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's not every hop you get a dose of encouragement as well as crafty inspiration! The scripture on your first card is one of my very favorites! TFS your lovely cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your 'quilt' card! Very creative way of using shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are great. I love the background on the leaves card. I am going to try that. You really captured the mouse in the second one with the quilt shapes and of course those of us who live in FL always like to see cards with shells. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards. Love the quilt one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your little mouse card and the other two are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the sophistication of your Leaf card; and the Quilting Mouse is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful cards!!! Can't pick a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Mary - on your first card -well I need to try that technique for sure and I am sure I will be doing that today before I forget by swiping Ranger inks across the page -that is an amazing card as are the others on display -thanks for this lovely hop and giving us an opportunity to view your work - love the scripture card and anything Jesus has to say to us! Enjoy your crafting day! Gail
    http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. The little mouse is darling and I like the summer shell card too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great cards. I love the background technique you did on the first cards. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Who doesn't adore Cocoa? Too darn cute. The sea shells card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. All three cards are wonderful...like the cute little mouse on the quilted background.

    ReplyDelete
  37. All your cards are awesome! Cocoa is so cute! But the background with the leaves is stunning. Sea shells makes me think of the beach so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love all of these cards. Just great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a blessed day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails